The future will be increasingly distributed. As the publicity surrounding Bitcoin and blockchain has shown, distributed technology and business models are gaining popularity. Yet the disruptive potential of this technology is often obscured by hype and misconception. This detailed guide distills the complex, fast-moving ideas behind blockchain into an easily digestible reference manual, showing what’s really going on under the hood.
Finance and technology pros will learn how a blockchain works as they explore the evolution and current state of the technology, including the functions of cryptocurrencies and smart contracts. This book is for anyone evaluating whether to invest time in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. Go beyond buzzwords and see what the technology really has to offer.
- Learn why Bitcoin was fundamentally important in blockchain’s birth
- Learn how Ethereum has created a fertile ground for new innovations like Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Flash Loans
- Discover the secrets behind cryptocurrency prices and different forces that affect the highly volatile cryptocurrency markets
- Learn how cryptocurrencies are used by criminals to carry out nefarious activities
- Discover how enterprises and governments are leveraging the blockchain including Facebook
- Understand the challenges of scaling and forking a blockchain
- Learn how different blockchains work
- Learn the language of blockchain as industry terms are explained